Wuling Air EV and MG Comet will soon be available in Nepal with some exciting features and specifications that will swarm users like crazy. In this article, we will be looking into the Air EV vs Comet and will also compare the designs, features, and much more.
Wuling Air EV Overview
The Air EV has a Boxy and Small design. It features clean lines with Aesthetic functionality and efficiency. The front of the car features Slim Headlamps and a Simple Grille. The Back end is similarly simple, with taillights integrated into the rear hatch and a clean overall design.
The Cabin is designed to maximize room in a small footprint, making it appropriate for urban situations. The basic dashboard has a center display for crucial information and functions. The seating layout is designed to comfortably accommodate a small number of passengers.
You can also check out - Wuling Air EV is available for Pre-Booking in Nepal | 2023
The Air EV is powered by a 30 kW PMSM Electric motor. It has a Max Power of 41 Ps and a Max Torque of 110 Nm, with a Max Speed of 100 Km/h.
There are two types of IP67-rated battery packs: Standard Range and Long Range.
The Standard Range comes with a 17.3 kWh Lithium-Ferro-Phosphate Battery with a 200-Km Range. It can be fully charged in 8.5 hours with a 2.0 kW AC Charger.
The Long Range also comes with a 26.7 kWh Lithium-Ferro Phosphate Battery with a Claimed range of 300 Km. It takes 4 hours to charge with a 6.6 kW AC Charger.
|Motor||30 kW Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
|Max Power||41 Ps|
|Max Torque||110 Nm|
|Top Speed||100 Km/h|
|Range||200 Km in Standard Range|
300 Km in Long Range
|Battery Capacity||17.3 kWh Lithium in Standard|
26.7 kWh Lithium in Long
|Charging Time||8.5 hours in Standard|
4 hours in Long
|Front Suspension||McPherson Strut|
|Rear Suspension||3-Link Coil Spring|
|Ground Clearance||145 mm|
|Kerb Weight||760 – 888 Kg|
|Colors||Blue, Green, Pink, White, and Yellow|
MG Comet Overview
The Comet features a Futuristic and Elegant Style that is meant to catch the eye while also conveying the brand’s ambition for electric transportation. The Vehicles appearance is distinguished by clean lines, aerodynamic components, and a dynamic profile.
The front features a Novel Grille design which may be largely decorative as electric vehicles normally require less airflow for cooling. The futuristic and aggressive aspect may be enhanced by sleek headlamps and a sculpted bumper. The end comes with a Distinct light signature with LED taillights, complementing the futuristic design language. The rear bumper will most likely be completely integrated into the overall design.
You can also check out - MG Comet a new mini car from MG launched in India
The Comet is powered by a 17.3 kW Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. It has a Max Power of 42 Ps and a Max Torque of 110 Nm, with a Max Speed of 100 Km/h.
It takes 7 hours to charge completely and requires a Type 2 Charger. On a Single charge, it has a range of 230 Km. It also comes with an IP67 – rated water and a dirt-resistant battery that has passed 16 safety tests.
|Motor||Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
|Max Power||42 Ps|
|Max Torque||110 Nm|
|Charging Time||7 Hours|
|Tyre||145/70 – R12|
|Brakes||Disc and Drum|
|Front Suspension||McPherson Strut|
|Rear Suspension||Multi-Link Coil Suspension|
|Colors||Apple Green and Starry Black, Candy White and Starry Black, Starry Black, and Aurora Silver, and Candy White.|
Wuling Air EV vs MG Comet EV
Wuling Air EV: The Air EV has a compact and futuristic design. It features smooth and flowing lines with a streamlined body shape. The front end showcases a large grille with integrated LED headlights, giving it a sleek and modern appearance. The overall design is minimalistic and clean, with subtle character lines along the sides. The rear of the vehicle has a unique and distinct look, with LED taillights and a high-mounted brake light integrated into a small spoiler.
MG Comet EV: The MG Comet also has a modern and stylish design, but it has a more muscular and sporty appearance compared to the Air EV. It features a bold front fascia with a prominent grille and sleek LED headlights. The body has more defined creases and contours, giving it a more aggressive stance. The Comet has a slightly larger and longer profile compared to the Wuling Air EV, offering more interior space. The rear end of the Comet is characterized by LED taillights and a sporty bumper design.
Wuling Air EV:
- Standard Range: The 17.3 kWh Lithium-Ferro-Phosphate battery in the Wuling Air EV’s standard range version can be fully charged in 8.5 hours with a 2.0 kW AC charger.
- Long Range: The Wuling Air EV’s long-range version comes with a 26.7 kWh Lithium-Ferro-Phosphate battery. It takes approximately 4 hours to charge this battery using a 6.6 kW AC charger.
MG Comet EV:
- The MG Comet EV takes around 8-10 hours to charge fully.
Wuling Air EV: The interior of the Air EV is designed to maximize space within its compact footprint, making it suitable for urban driving. The cabin features a clean and minimalist design. It offers a basic dashboard layout with a center display for essential information and functions. While specific details about the interior features are not mentioned in the provided information, it’s likely to include standard features such as comfortable seating for a small number of passengers, air conditioning, power windows, and connectivity options.
MG Comet EV: The Comet’s interior aims for a futuristic and elegant style. While specific details about the interior features are not provided in the given information, the Comet is expected to offer a range of modern features. It is mentioned to have a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system that likely supports features such as Bluetooth connectivity, navigation, and smartphone integration. The interior may also include comfort features like power-adjustable seats, a multifunction steering wheel, and ambient lighting, although these details are not explicitly mentioned.
Common safety features found in electric vehicles can include:
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rearview Camera and Parking Sensors
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Electric Powertrain: Both the Comet and the Wuling Air are electric vehicles powered by electric motors and equipped with battery packs. They are designed to run on electric power, eliminating the need for fossil fuels.
- Environmentally Friendly: Both vehicles offer a greener and more sustainable transportation option compared to conventional internal combustion engine vehicles. They produce zero tailpipe emissions, reducing air pollution and contributing to a cleaner environment.
- Compact Size: Both the Comet and the Air have compact designs, making them suitable for urban commuting and maneuvering in congested city areas. Their smaller size allows for easier parking and navigation in tight spaces.
- Infotainment Systems: Both vehicles feature touchscreen infotainment systems. The Comet offers a 10.1-inch touchscreen, while the Air EV features an 8-inch touchscreen. These systems provide access to various entertainment options, connectivity features, and smartphone integration.
- Safety Features: Both the Comet and the Air EV prioritize safety by offering essential safety features. These include dual airbags, anti-lock braking systems (ABS), and parking sensors to enhance driver and passenger safety.
|MG Comet Price in Nepal||Wuling Air EV Price in Nepal|
|Rs. 24,99,000 (Expected)||Rs. 20,00,000 (Expected)|
When the MG Comet and the Wuling Air are compared, it is evident that both vehicles provide electric transportation solutions with distinct qualities. The Comet has a Stylish and futuristic style, whereas the Air EV is tiny and practical.
Both cars share the goal of offering ecologically friendly transportation solutions by utilizing electric powertrains. This allows them to produce zero tailpipe emissions, contributing to a cleaner and more sustainable future.
In terms of features, both the Comet and Air provide touchscreen infotainment systems to enhance the driving experience. They also prioritize safety by including dual airbags, ABS, and parking sensors to protect the safety of passengers and occupants.
Individual preferences, such as design, range needs, availability in the desired market, and after-sales service, ultimately determine the choice between the MG Comet and the Wuling Air. To make an informed selection of these electric vehicles, potential customers should assess their unique demands and preferences.